Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Listen to Dio

DIO rocks...

I have bought two cds a few hours ago, I am listening to them at the job, so it is not an accurate listening...

Anyway, the sound of "Magica" evokes the 80s metal that Dio was one of the most import artists.
Singer with no equal in metal, always was a great composer and song writter...

I have "Holy Diver" on LP for nearly 20 years and it still impresses me. This is actually one of my magic albums. I am not thinking much about complexity, just good riffs and excellent vocal melodies and a real decent story. You hardly get that from these new melodic and power metal bands, but with Dio, you get the finnest metal art...

I liked the Craig Goldy riffs. Just like Vivian Campell and most guys that played guitars for Ozzy in the 80s, they have a similar sound, but quite cool. You know those inversions, playing 3 notes chords keeping the root the same, just playing it open..

Man, I miss the 80s. The music at that time was better, even the pop music.

NP Dio Magica

No comments: