Saturday, June 10, 2006

Dream Theater

I bought DT "Octavarium" . I had disliked "Train Of thoughts" so I was skeptical about Dream Theater, so I just had not bought it when it came out ( another good reason was price and I could get 4 Nevermore cds for the price of one Dream Theater ). But it is good so far ( track 6 ). It is AORish in the vein of "Falling into Infinity" which is good. They don' t try to sound as the proggiest band on earth and leave James La Brie singing like never. In the way, they have some heavier momments and they are good. Let's get into track 7 and 8 , supposedly the proggier tracks.

Added later: yeah, finally heard it all, and I really like "Octavarium" better than the last DT's album. This seems to be rather focused on prog rock and they seem to have written this and not just jammed over and over. Congratulations , I guess I renew my faith in my favorite band.

Added much later: Yeah, I love the album, God I love even "Train Of Thought" now. But I have found this outstanding analysis of "Octavarium" which simply reminds us that many Dream Theater fans are intelligent persons not just brainless fan boys:

http://dt.spatang.com/octavarium.php

No comments: