Friday, December 11, 2009

Atmel AVR Microcontrollers

I had touched the subject in the past as you can see  here and also here , but I didn't go further because of my job.  I have been interested on the AVRs since 2005 when I was programming a system whose internal printer was controlled by an AVR microcontroller. There was some old datasheet that grabbed my attention. I picked up it and read it for fun when I decided to look for things on the Internet.

Since then, I've been always thinking on assembling a board for programming the AVRs. Now I actually did this, or at least I am starting to assembly a board and later on I will start programming it.

It was like 10 years ago when I had to assembly a circuit on a breadboard, so initially I had to trust my memory and then after a few minutes I remembered :-)

I got resistors, capacitors, LCDs, Leds, temperature sensors, 7 segment displays, transistors. It is fun that I am an Electronic Engineer who has never professionally designed hardware and now as a hobby I have to design hardware. By the way, I will use C for programming. As I spend the day programming in Assembly I just want some thing different!

No comments: