Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Yes in Brazil 1999 The Ladder tour

I was checking my messages to a Shadow Gallery mailing list in September 1999 and then I found my message about the Yes concert I had seen on September 8th:

Here is the message:

"Hello José

I saw Yes in Brazil last September 8 and the set list was very similar.Unfortunately Howe didn't play "The Clap" nor "Mood For A Day. :(

But at least "Awaken" was played amazingly!America, Perpetual Change had full versions and "Ritual (Nous sommes du soleil)"
was sung briefly when Jon announced a song from the new album
he said "A new song to you" and than that derived to him and Howe playing a short cut of that. :) They did the same with parts of "Close To The Edge".


I could not understand most titles of the new songs but a friend got the set list and sent me :

Intro: Benjamin Britten's Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra
Yours is no Disgrace
America
Lightning Strikes (new)
New Language (new)
Perpetual Change
Homeworld (new)
The Messenger
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Hearts
Nine Voices (new)
Awaken
Roundabout
Encore:
To feel alive (new)
(I've Seen All) Good People

I don't know about the other concerts Yes did in Brazil but as
for the one I went to , that was the set list :)
Jose' , Did Yes jam during on the middle of Yours Is No Disgrace
too? Here they jammed a lot, the song had Howe soloing a lot!
seeya


Daniel
--
[[Daniel V.Gomes (aka Aragorn)]] [[ email : jcg@...]]
" There is a darkness greater than the one we fight. It is the
darkness of the soul that has lost its way. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this foe we can never surrender.... " (J. Michael Straczynski)
[[ http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/8551 ]]Personal Page"

No comments: